Public programs, hands-on activities, and professional development resources about nanoscale science, engineering, and technology and their impact on society.
NISE Network offers a digital download of the NanoDays kit, complete with instructions, lesson plans, supply lists, marketing materials, and multimedia files.
Download the full digital kit
All NanoDays 2009-2016 resources
I. Planning materials
II. Hands-on activities
- Exploring Fabriation - Gummy Capsules
- Exploring Forces - Static Electricity
- Exploring Materials - Graphene
- Exploring Materials - Hydrogel
- Exploring Materials - Nano Gold
- Exploring Materials - Thin Films
- Exploring Products - Sunblock
- Exploring Size - Ball Sorter
- Exploring Size - Memory Game
- Exploring Size - Powers of Ten Game
- Exploring Structures - Butterfly
- Exploring Structures - DNA
- Build a Giant Puzzle!
- I Spy Nano!
- What am I?
- Try measuring little things!
- Key Concepts Posters
- Nano & Society
- Nanotechnology - Small Science, Big Deal
III. Marketing and promotional materials
- NanoDays Ads
- NanoDays Graphic Elements
- NanoDays Logos
- NanoDays Promotional Banners
- NanoDays Promotional Videos
- NanoDays Publicity Photos
- NanoDays Promotional Posters
- NanoDays Sample Press Release
- NanoDays Web Icons
- NISE Network Factsheets
- NISE Network Brochure
- NISE Network Photo Release Form
- I Heart Nano Image
IV. Staff & volunteer training materials
- Engaging the Public in Nano (guide to key concepts)
- Universal Design Guidelines for Public Programs in Science Museums
- Training Orientation PowerPoint
- Training Orientation slides & notes
- Tips for Engaging Visitors
- Training Video guide
V. Educational Media
- Mr. O Videos
- Nano and Me
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal?
- What Happens in a Nano Lab?
- Wonders and Worries of Nanotechnology
- Zoom into a Blue Morpho Butterfly
- Zoom into a Lotus Leaf
VI. Staff and Volunteer Training Media
All videos may be downloaded from Vimeo with a free "basic" account: www.vimeo.com/join; for more assistance please see FAQ # 10.