Hands-on STEM public engagement activities and professional development resources about Earth and space science.
In collaboration with NASA, the NISE Network has assembled a new set of engaging, hands-on Earth and space science experiences with connections to science, technology, and society.
Download the full digital kit
Training Videos - including: activity & content training videos, professional development videos
Planning and promotional materials
- 2019 Planning, Partnership, and Program Guide Apollo 11
- Planning, Partnership, and Program Guide
- Welcome letter + list of toolkit contents
- Customizable press release Spanish!
- Photo release form
- Digital copies of all promotional materials including signs, photos, ads, and posters
- Ads, posters, and banners Spanish!
- Sample press photos
- Explore Science: Earth & Space logos Spanish!
- Large promotional banners Spanish!
- The Moon: NASA is Going Back and Looking Forward presentation Apollo 11
- The Apollo Lunar Landing Sites video Apollo 11
- Activity Overview presentation
- Activity facilitator guides (included with each activity below) Apollo 11
- Tips for Leading Hands-on Activities
- Training videos
- Activity & content training videos for each activity
- Edu-Cathalon: A facilitation strategies and best practices training videos
- Strategies for approaching common misconceptions training videos
- Apollo Lunar Landing Sites - produced by NASA's Solar System Trek Project
Hands-on STEM activities
Digital copies of all activity guides, graphics, and educational materials Spanish!
- Exploring Earth: Rising Sea Spanish! Apollo 11
- Exploring Earth: Land Cover Spanish!
- Exploring Earth: Temperature Mapping Spanish!
- Exploring the Solar System: Hide and Seek Moon Spanish! Early Childhood, Apollo 11
- Exploring the Solar System: Observe the Sun Spanish!
- Tactile Sun sheets
- Exploring the Solar System: Pocket Solar System Spanish! Apollo 11
- Exploring the Solar System: Stomp Rockets Spanish!
- Sounding Rockets poster Spanish!
- Exploring the Universe: Filtered Light Spanish!
- Exploring the Universe: Expanding Universe Spanish!
- Exploring the Universe: Space Guess Quest Game Spanish!
- Objects in Our Universe poster Spanish!
- Exploring the Universe: Static Electricity Spanish!
- Engineering is Elementary after-school modules
- Worlds Apart: Engineering Remote Sensing Devices, included in your kit and also online: https://www.eie.org/engineering-everywhere/curriculum-units/worlds-apart
- Testing the Waters: Engineering a Water Reuse Process, included in your kit and also online: https://www.eie.org/engineering-everywhere/curriculum-units/testing-waters
Media and graphics
- Breakfast Moon by Meg Grower and illustrated by David Barker Spanish! Apollo 11
- Getting a Feel For Lunar Craters Apollo 11
- Understanding Small Worlds in the Solar System Apollo 11
- Complete sets of NASA’s exoplanet travel posters
Apollo Moon landing 50th anniversary resources
The following are resources you can use to extend the visitor experience if you want to go into more depth or expand the length of your program.
Digital versions of toolkits are available as a free download:
- 2020 Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit: www.nisenet.org/catalog/earth-space-2020-toolkit-digital-download
- 2019 Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit: www.nisenet.org/catalog/2019-explore-science-earth-space-digital-toolkit
- 2018 Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit: www.nisenet.org/catalog/2018-explore-science-earth-space-digital-toolkit
- 2017 Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit: www.nisenet.org/catalog/2017-explore-science-earth-space-digital-toolkit
- Partners who received an Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit (2020) 350 copies
- Partners who received an Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit (2019) 350 copies
- Partners who received an Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit (2018) 250 copies
- Partners who received an Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit (2017) 250 copies
About the Project
- Learn more about the toolkits: www.nisenet.org/earthspacekit
- Learn more about the application process for physical toolkits: www.nisenet.org/earthspacekit-apply
- Learn more about the project: http://www.nisenet.org/space
This material is based upon work supported by NASA under cooperative agreement award numbers NNX16AC67A and 80NSSC18M0061. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).