After piloting two workshops in North Carolina and Oregon in 2007, the NISE Network hosted seven regional meetings during the Fall of 2008 and early 2009 at multiple locations throughout the United States to increase the capacity of NISE Network partners to engage the public in nanoscience, engineering, and technology. Attendance at the Regional Meetings was invitation-only due to space and budgetary limitations.
- Northeast: Sciencenter, Ithaca, NY, September, 2008
- Mid-Atlantic: Franklin Institute, Philadelphia, PA, January, 2009
- Southeast: Museum of Life and Science, Durham, NC, August, 2008
- South: organized by Fort Worth Museum of Science, February, 2009
- Midwest: Science Museum of Minnesota, Saint Paul, MN, August, 2008
- West: Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI), Portland, OR, September, 2008
- Southwest: Lawrence Hall of Science, Berkley, CA, January, 2009