Linked product - AVAILABLE FOR $34.99 AT: www.talkingnano.net (FOR PURCHASE ORDERS: call 617.589.4483 or email us at email@example.com). This 6-video DVD set features Don Eigler, George Whitesides, David Rejeski, Eric Mazur, Tim Miller, and, as a bonus, The Amazing Nano Brothers Juggling Show. It provides a basic Nano 101 introduction to nanotechnology, potential applications, implications, and impacts. Designed for classroom, informal, and professional development use, the videos are tightly edited with close-ups and illustrations. Each DVD is individually chaptered and menued, allowing quick access to particular content areas. The www.talkingnano.net website includes a scene-by-scene outline of content areas and ties to U.S. and Massachusetts education standards.
- The nature, origin, and range of nanotechnology
- Understanding size and behavior at the nanoscale
- Current and potential applications of nanotechnology and their impacts
- Imaging at the nanoscale
- Basic structure of matter
- Harnessing special properties of matter at the nanoscale
- Motivation for nanoscale research
- Selected societal implications of nanotechnology
- Selected consumer safety and regulatory issues of nanotechnology
- How researchers conceive and conduct their efforts
This linked product was created by another institution (not by the NISE Network). Contact owning institution regarding rights and permissions.