The NanoDays kit contains several hands-on activities and programs to engage a public audience in nanoscale science, technology, and engineering. The physical kit comes with all the activity and program supplies you need (for about 100 visitors,) staff and volunteer training and resource materials, promotional and marketing materials, and more! With this physical kit you have everything you will need to hold a NanoDays event. A NanoDays kit box is approximately 2.5' x 1.5' x 1.5'.
What's in the physical kit?
I. Hands-on activities
- Exploring Size—Measure Yourself  revised Spanish!
- Exploring Size —Powers of Ten Spanish!
- Exploring Fabrication—Electroplating  NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Materials— Memory Metal  Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid  revised Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Oobleck  NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Nano & Society—You Decide!  Spanish!
- Exploring Products— Computer Hard Drives  Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Capillary Action  NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Electric Squeeze  NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Invisibility  Spanish!
III. Graphics and Media
- Key Concepts Posters  Spanish!
- Nano and Society Posters 
- Nano Museum Labels (Graphic Signs) Spanish!
- Presidential Decisions game (Flash-based) NEW!
- Nanooze  Print Editions NEW!
IV. A set of guides and tools for planning and promoting your event
- NanoDays 2014 Planning Guide and Welcome Letter revised
- Reminders about the 2014 NanoDays volunteer survey 
- NISE Network Brochure  (to share with staff and collaborators)
- Large Promotional Banners, Sample Ads and Posters, Sample Press Release, and other Marketing Materials  revised Spanish!
- NanoDays Promotional Video 
- NISE Net Publicity Photos  revised
- Strategies for Engaging Bilingual Audiences reference sheet  NEW!
- A Guide to Building Parnerships Between Museums and University-Based Research Centers 
- Temporary Tatoos
- Digital Kit USB with electronic copies of all materials found in the entire kit revised
V. Training Materials
- Nano 101 for Staff 
- NanoDays Orientation Powerpoint slides and notes  revised
- Training Video guides NEW!
- Tips for Engaging Visitors 
- Tips for Visitor Conversations 
- Engaging the Public in Nano  (guide to key concepts)
- NISE Network Learning Framework  NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry Guide  NEW!
- Nanotechnology and Society Guide NEW!
VI. Educational Media DVD
- How Small is Nano?  video
- What Happens in a Nano Lab?  video
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? Spanish!
- Mr. O videos: Getting a Sense of Smell,  I Got No Stains on Me , and Molecular Gastronomy  Nanocoatings , Butterfly Blues , Nobel Winning Experiment 
- What's Nano About....? video series: Bubbles , Chocolate , Water,  Toilets  NEW!
- Nano and Me video series: Aluminum, Gold, Gravity, Latex, Pants, and Silver Spanish!
- Zoom into a Blue Morpho Butterfly  video
- Zoom into a Lotus Leaf  video
- Zoom into a Computer Chip  video NEW!
- Invisibility Cloak  video NEW!
- Wonders and Worries of Nanotechnology  video series: Ask and Research , Who Benefits , and Regulation 
- Three Angry Scientists  video
- Does Every Silver Lining Have a Cloud?  video
VII. Staff and volunteer training media DVD
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal?  (Intro to Nano video) Spanish!
- A Museum Presentation: How NOT to Present 
- A Museum Presentation: How TO Present 
- Speed-Ucate: How to have an effective science and society conversation  NEW!
- America’s Next Top Presenter  NEW!
Training Videos for NanoDays activities and programs  NEW!
- Exploring Fabrication—Electroplating  NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Fabrication—Gummy Capsules 
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid  NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Hydrogel 
- Exploring Materials—Memory Metal  2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Oobleck  NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Thin Films  NEW!
- Exploring Nano & Society—Space Elevator 
- Exploring Nano & Society—You Decide!  2014 kit
- Exploring Products—Computer Hard Drives  2014 kit
- Exploring Products—Liquid Crystal Displays 
- Exploring Products—Nano Fabrics  NEW!
- Exploring Properties—Capillary Action  NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Properties—Electric Squeeze  NEW! kit
- Exploring Properties—Invisibility  2014 kit
- Exploring Properties—UV Bracelets 
- Exploring Size—Measure Yourself  NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Size—Moving Molecules 
- Exploring Size—Powers of Ten Game  NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Size—Tiny Ruler  NEW!
- Exploring Tools—3D Imaging 
- Exploring Tools—Mitten Challenge  NEW!
- Exploring Tools—Mystery Shapes 
- "Horton Hears a Who!" Storytime 
- I Spy Nano!  NEW!
- Robots and People  NEW! 2014 kit
- Would You Buy That?  NEW! 2014 kit
All of these videos may be downloaded from Vimeo simply by creating a free "basic" account at www.vimeo.com/join, for more assistance please see FAQ # 10.
Refer to the activity guide or program lession plan located in the Catalog for more information (such as vendor contact info for any physical resource or consumable material, training tips, or special set-up requirements.)