A NanoDays kit is approximately 2.5' x 1.5' x 1.5'. It is a container packed with several hands-on activities (with all supplies needed), resource materials, marketing materials, and more. With this kit you have everything you will need to hold a NanoDays event.
What's in the kit?
I. Hands-on activities complete with instructions, graphics, and supplies for 100 visitors:
- Exploring Fabrication- Gummy Capsules Spanish!
- Exploring Materials- Hydrogel Spanish!
- Exploring Materials- Memory Metal NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Nano & Society- Space Elevator NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Nano & Society- You Decide! NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Products- Computer Hard Drives NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Products- Liquid Crystal Displays NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties- Invisibility NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties- UV Bracelets NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Size- Moving Molecules NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Tools- 3D Imaging NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Tools- Mystery Shapes NEW! Spanish!
- Nanotechnology Spin-A-Prize! NEW! Spanish!
- Horton Hears a Who storytime NEW! Spanish!
- Nanomedicine Explorer DVD: a hands-on interactive multi-media program NEW! Spanish!
- Key concepts posters Spanish!
- Nano and society posters NEW!
- Nano Museum Labels (Graphic Signs) NEW! Spanish!
IV. A set of guides and tools for planning and promoting your event:
- NanoDays 2013 Planning Guide and Welcome Letter revised
- NISE Network Brochure (to share with staff and collaborators)
- Large Promotional Banners, Sample Ads and Posters, Sample Press Release, and other Marketing Materials Spanish! revised
- NanoDays Promotional Video
- NISE Net Publicity Photos revised
- A Guide to Building Parnerships Between Museums and University-Based Research Centers NEW!
- Digit Kit USB with electronic copies of materials found in the entire kit revised
V. Training Materials
- Nano 101 for staff NEW! revised
- NanoDays orientation Powerpoint slides and notes revised
- NanoDays training video guide - "How To" and "How NOT to" Intteract with Visitors
- Tips for engaging visitors
- Tips for visitor conversations NEW!
- Engaging the Public in Nano (guide to key concepts)
- Universal Design Guidelines for Public Programs in Science Museums
VI. Educational Media DVD
- Does Every Silver Lining Have a Cloud?
- How Small is Nano?
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? Spanish!
- Mr. O videos: Getting a Sense of Smell, I Got No Stains on Me, and Molecular Gastronomy Nanocoatings, Butterfly Blues, Nobel Winning Experiment NEW!
- Nano and Me videos: Aluminum, Gold, Gravity, Latex, Pants, and Silver Spanish!
- What Happens in a Nano Lab?
- Wonders and Worries of Nanotechnology videos: Ask and Research, Who Benefits, and Regulation NEW!
- Zoom into a Blue Morpho Butterfly
- Zoom into a Lotus Leaf
VII. Staff and volunteer training media DVD
- A Museum Presentation: How NOT to Present
- A Museum Presentation: How TO Present
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? (Intro to Nano video) Spanish!
To find more information, such as vendor contact info, for any physical resource or consumable material in the NanoDays kit, check under the "Resources tab" of the specific Catalog product's page.