The NanoDays kit contains several hands-on activities and programs to engage a public audience in nanoscale science, technology, and engineering. The physical kit comes with all the activity and program supplies you need (for about 100 visitors,) staff and volunteer training and resource materials, promotional and marketing materials, and more! With this physical kit you have everything you will need to hold a NanoDays event. A NanoDays kit box is approximately 2.5' x 1.5' x 1.5'.
What's in the physical kit?
I. Hands-on activities
- Exploring Size—Measure Yourself revised Spanish!
- Exploring Size—Powers of Ten Spanish!
- Exploring Fabrication—Electroplating NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Memory Metal Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid revised Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Oobleck NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Nano & Society—You Decide! Spanish!
- Exploring Products—Computer Hard Drives Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Capillary Action NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Electric Squeeze NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Invisibility Spanish!
III. Graphics and Media
- Key Concepts Posters Spanish!
- Nano and Society Posters
- Nano Museum Labels (Graphic Signs) Spanish!
- Presidential Decisions game (Flash-based) NEW!
- Nanooze Print Editions NEW!
IV. A set of guides and tools for planning and promoting your event
- NanoDays 2014 Planning Guide and Welcome Letter revised
- Reminders about the 2014 NanoDays volunteer survey
- NISE Network Brochure (to share with staff and collaborators)
- Large Promotional Banners, Sample Ads and Posters, Sample Press Release, and other Marketing Materials revised Spanish!
- NanoDays Promotional Video
- NISE Net Publicity Photos revised
- Strategies for Engaging Bilingual Audiences reference sheet NEW!
- A Guide to Building Parnerships Between Museums and University-Based Research Centers
- Temporary Tatoos
- Digital Kit USB with electronic copies of all materials found in the entire kit revised
V. Training Materials
- Nano 101 for Staff
- NanoDays Orientation Powerpoint slides and notes revised
- Training Video guides NEW!
- Tips for Engaging Visitors
- Tips for Visitor Conversations
- Engaging the Public in Nano (guide to key concepts)
- NISE Network Learning Framework NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry Guide NEW!
- Nanotechnology and Society Guide NEW!
VI. Educational Media DVD
- How Small is Nano? video
- What Happens in a Nano Lab? video
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? Spanish!
- Mr. O videos: Getting a Sense of Smell, I Got No Stains on Me, and Molecular Gastronomy Nanocoatings, Butterfly Blues, Nobel Winning Experiment
- What's Nano About....? video series: Bubbles, Chocolate, Water, Toilets NEW!
- Nano and Me video series: Aluminum, Gold, Gravity, Latex, Pants, and Silver Spanish!
- Zoom into a Blue Morpho Butterfly video
- Zoom into a Lotus Leaf video
- Zoom into a Computer Chip video NEW!
- Invisibility Cloak video NEW!
- Wonders and Worries of Nanotechnology video series: Ask and Research, Who Benefits, and Regulation
- Three Angry Scientists video
- Does Every Silver Lining Have a Cloud? video
VII. Staff and volunteer training media DVD
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? (Intro to Nano video) Spanish!
- A Museum Presentation: How NOT to Present
- A Museum Presentation: How TO Present
- Speed-Ucate: How to have an effective science and society conversation NEW!
- America’s Next Top Presenter NEW!
Training Videos for NanoDays activities and programs NEW!
- Exploring Fabrication—Electroplating NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Fabrication—Gummy Capsules
- Exploring Materials—Ferrofluid NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Hydrogel
- Exploring Materials—Memory Metal 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Oobleck NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Materials—Thin Films NEW!
- Exploring Nano & Society—Space Elevator
- Exploring Nano & Society—You Decide! 2014 kit
- Exploring Products—Computer Hard Drives 2014 kit
- Exploring Products—Liquid Crystal Displays
- Exploring Products—Nano Fabrics NEW!
- Exploring Properties—Capillary Action NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Properties—Electric Squeeze NEW! kit
- Exploring Properties—Invisibility 2014 kit
- Exploring Properties—UV Bracelets
- Exploring Size—Measure Yourself NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Size—Moving Molecules
- Exploring Size—Powers of Ten Game NEW! 2014 kit
- Exploring Size—Tiny Ruler NEW!
- Exploring Tools—3D Imaging
- Exploring Tools—Mitten Challenge NEW!
- Exploring Tools—Mystery Shapes
- "Horton Hears a Who!" Storytime
- I Spy Nano! NEW!
- Robots and People NEW! 2014 kit
- Would You Buy That? NEW! 2014 kit
All of these videos may be downloaded from Vimeo simply by creating a free "basic" account at www.vimeo.com/join, for more assistance please see FAQ # 10.
Refer to the activity guide or program lession plan located in the Catalog for more information (such as vendor contact info for any physical resource or consumable material, training tips, or special set-up requirements.)