The NISE Network is no longer creating and distributing new NanoDays kits; the last kit we created was in 2015. We encourage you to hold NanoDays events and use NanoDays materials year-round. You can download digital kit materials from the 2015 kit as well as other prior kits.
NanoDays has grown into a nationwide festival engaging the public in nanoscale science, engineering, and technology – with events taking place at over 250 science museums, research centers, and universities across the country from Puerto Rico to Hawaii. We hope you continue to hold NanoDays events and to use NanoDays materials year-round in ways that enhances your educational programming, meets your institution’s needs, and above all, engages your visitors in fun, hands-on science for years to come.
NanoDays 2015 physical kit contents
The NanoDays 2015 physical kit contains several hands-on activities and programs to engage a public audience in nanoscale science, technology, and engineering. The physical kit comes with all the activity and program supplies you need (for about 100 visitors,) staff and volunteer training and resource materials, promotional and marketing materials, and more! With this physical kit you have everything you will need to hold a NanoDays event. A NanoDays kit box is approximately 2.5' x 1.5' x 1.5'.
What's in the physical kit?
I. Hands-on Activities (complete with instructions, graphics, and supplies for 100 visitors)
- Exploring Materials—Graphene revised Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Polarizers NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Stained-Glass Windows NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Materials—Thin Films Spanish!
- Exploring Nano & Society—Tell a Nano Story NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Products—Kinetic Sand NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Products—Nano Fabric Spanish!
- Exploring Products—Nano Food NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Properties—Heat Transfer NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Tools—Dress Up Like a Nanoscientist NEW! Spanish!
- Exploring Tools—Transmission Electron Microscopes NEW! Spanish!
II. Graphics and Media
- Presidential Decisions game (Flash-based)
- Key Concepts Posters
- Nano and Society Posters
- DIY Nano App & whatisnano.org posters and give-a-way cards revised
- Nanooze Print Editions NEW!
- Nova Making Stuff activity guide, season two DVD, and brochure NEW!
- NISE Net Educational DVD NEW! Spanish!
III. A set of guides and tools for planning and promoting your event
- Welcome Letter and list of kit contents revised
- NanoDays 2015 Planning & Marketing Guide revised
- Large Promotional Banners, Sample Ads and Posters, Sample Press Release, and other Marketing Materials revised Spanish!
- Strategies for Engaging Bilingual Audiences reference sheet
- A Guide to Building Partnerships Between Museums and University-Based Research Centers
- Temporary Tattoos
- NISE Network Report to Partners NEW!
- Digital Kit USB with electronic copies of all materials found in the entire kit revised
IV. Training Materials
- NanoDays Orientation Powerpoint slides and notes revised
- Training Video guides
- Tips for Engaging Visitors
- Tips for Visitor Conversations
- Tips for Engaging Girls reference sheet NEW!
- Tips for Engaging Girls activity specific cards NEW!
- Engaging the Public in Nano (guide to key concepts) & NISE Network Learning Framework
- Nano 101 for Staff slideshow and notes
- Team-Based Inquiry Guide
- Nanotechnology and Society Guide
- NISE Net Staff and Volunteer Training DVD NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry Training DVD NEW!
V. Educational DVD
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? Spanish!
- How Small is Nano? video
- What Happens in a Nano Lab? video
- What's Nano About....? video series: Bubbles, Chocolate, Water, Toilets
- Mr. O videos series NEW!
- Zoom into a Blue Morpho Butterfly video
- Zoom into a Lotus Leaf video
- Zoom into a Computer Chip video
- Nano and Me video series: Aluminum, Gold, Gravity, Latex, Pants, and Silver Spanish!
- Invisibility Cloak video
- Three Angry Scientists video
- Wonders and Worries of Nanotechnology video series: Ask and Research, Who Benefits, and Regulation
- Does Every Silver Lining Have a Cloud? video
VI. Staff and Volunteer Training DVD
- Training videos for NanoDays activities NEW!
- Nanotechnology: What's the Big Deal? (Intro to Nano video) Spanish!
- A Museum Presentation: How NOT to Present
- A Museum Presentation: How TO Present
- Speed-Ucate: How to have an effective science and society conversation
- America’s Next Top Presenter
- NISE Network Impacts - Partner Testimonials NEW!
VII. Team-Based Inquiry Training DVD
- Why Team-Based Inquiry? NEW!
- Preparing for Team-Based Inquiry NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry: The Questions Phase NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry: The Investigate Phase, Part 1 NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry: The Investigate Phase, Part 2 NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry: The Reflect Phase NEW!
- Team-Based Inquiry: The Improve Phase NEW!
All videos may be downloaded from Vimeo simply by creating a free "basic" account at www.vimeo.com/join, for more assistance please see FAQ # 10.
Refer to the activity guide or program lession plan located online for more information (such as vendor contact info for any physical resource or consumable material, training tips, or special set-up requirements.)