- The media landscape has dramatically changed over the last ten years, and these changes present both new challenges and new opportunities.
- Since everyone has access to huge amounts of information, public engagement is more about generating enthusiasm than delivering information.
- In order to be newsworthy, research must emphasize something that is new.
- When releasing research information to news organizations, it is important to distill the information into a few simple key points.
- When preparing research work for the media, it is more important to make the work interesting that make sure you are exhaustive in delivering information.
- When participating in a media interview, it is important to be well-prepared, to look your best, and to try as best you can to remain confident and relaxed.
- Scientists and engineers have formed the interdisciplinary field of nanotechnology by investigating properties and manipulating matter at the nanoscale.
NISE Network products are developed through an iterative collaborative process that includes scientific review, peer review, and visitor evaluation in accordance with an inclusive audiences approach. Products are designed to be easily edited and adapted for different audiences under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license. To learn more, visit our Development Process page.