"Exploring Fabrication - Self-Assembly" includes several full-body interactive games visitors can play to model the process of self-assembly in nature and nanotechnology. Visitors learn that self-assembly is a process by which molecules and cells form themselves into functional structures.
- Self-assembly is a process by which molecules and cells form themselves into functional structures.
- Researchers in the field of nanotechnology are studying self-assembly in order to create new materials and technologies.
- Nanometer-sized things are very small, and often behave differently than larger things do.
- Scientists and engineers have formed the interdisciplinary field of nanotechnology by investigating properties and manipulating matter at the nanoscale.
- Nanoscience, nanotechnology, and nanoengineering lead to new knowledge and innovations that weren't possible before.
NISE Network products are developed through an iterative collaborative process that includes scientific review, peer review, and visitor evaluation in accordance with an inclusive audiences approach. Products are designed to be easily edited and adapted for different audiences under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license. To learn more, visit our Development Process page.