The Nanomedicine Explorer is an interactive, updateable multimedia kiosk and media package, that is also available as a component of the Nanomedicine Exhibition. Visitors can explore a variety of topics and specific research areas in cancer nanomedicine through vivid animations and video story-telling up close with a diverse group of researchers. Interactive features include games, polls, and options to dig deeper into the material. Fully bilingual English/Espanol. Visitors can text message or email themselves a link to the companion website. Produced with support from the NIH NCRR SEPA program.
The multimedia package can also be loaded into any computer display or custom-built cabinet to augment existing health, medicine,and nanotechnology exhibits.
- Nanomedicine is the applicaton of nanotechnology to medicine.
- Nanotechnology is the science of the small and the engineering and applications of very small structures.
- Nanomedicine researchers develop tiny materials, tools and devices that can work with extreme precision at the nanoscale, the scale of the molecules and cells that make up our bodies.
- Nanotechnology has created many materials and devices with unique and distinctive features - providing a new "toolbox" to try to address many medical needs.
- Experts from a variety of backgrounds and in a range of different science and engineering disciplines are coming together to address these challenges.
- Research involves creativity, discipline, teamwork and inspiration; it is often rewarding in personal as well as professional ways.
- What cancer is, and how it grows and metastasizes.
- All new techniques must go through years of testing to ensure that they will work and that they will be safe.
- Nanoscience, nanotechnology, and nanoengineering lead to new knowledge and innovations that weren't possible before.
NISE Network products are developed through an iterative collaborative process that includes scientific review, peer review, and visitor evaluation in accordance with an inclusive audiences approach. Products are designed to be easily edited and adapted for different audiences under a Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike license. To learn more, visit our Development Process page.