Digital 2017 Explore Science: Earth & Space toolkit now available for download
The National Informal STEM Education Network (NISE Net) Explore Science: Earth & Space 2017 digital toolkit is now available for download.
In collaboration with NASA, the NISE Network has assembled a new set of engaging, hands-on Earth and space science experiences with connections to science, technology, and society.
Toolkit Audience & Content
- Activities are designed for use in children’s museums, science centers, science museums, public planetariums and observatories, and NASA visitor centers in the United States.
- Activities are designed for family audiences with a range of experiences appropriate for visitors ages 4 through adult.
- Nine hands-on activities to engage the public in Earth and space sciences including: heliophysics, Earth science, planetary science, astrophysics, and their connections to society
- Professional development materials including activity training videos
- Event planning guides
- Marketing and promotional materials
Digital 2017 toolkits available for download
A digital version of the 2017 toolkit is available for download
Physical 2017 toolkits recipients
A total of 250 toolkits have been awarded to eligible organizations through a competitive application process. Eligible organizations include children’s museums, science centers, science museums, public planetariums and observatories, and NASA visitor centers located in the US. All 2017 physical toolkits have been awarded.
The NISE Network runs a series of free online workshops focused on helping partners share their work and learn from others in the Network. The aim of the online workshops is to increase the number of professional development opportunities available to our partners and create more channels for Network partners to learn from each other directly. View full details for upcoming online workshops and archived workshop recordings at http://www.nisenet.org/events/online-workshop.
To learn more about the National Informal STEM Education Network (NISE Net) please subscribe to our free monthly newsletter: http://www.nisenet.org/newsletter
This material is based upon work supported by NASA cooperative agreement award number NNX16AC67A. Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).